Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Honest honey, it's just a few parts...


The first shipment has arrived! Almost all of the non-premium parts have arrived. This means all the diodes, all of the resistors, all the transistors, heat sinks and some mounting hardware and a little metalized film bypass cap. Sorry folks, this is a Panasonic E seriss. I simply could not find a small enough 0.010 cap from any of the premium vendors. They were all too large physically, and way over rated voltage wise. The baby Panasonics are just going to have to be good enough. I will make up for them by adding Cardas in the output caps. Honest!

Even though the main storage caps for this stage won't get here till next week, I can assemble the boards and try them out, to make sure they work, and begin the work of altering the circuit that is on the original.

I'll post more when the soldering iron is hot and I'm ready to start stuffing. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment