Saturday, October 7, 2006

It all fits, and looks great!

It is a real real shame that my Pentax E-10 is now sitting in the garbage can, because otherwise I would have a bunch of pictures to show you, including the fully assembled board, in the tuner. :)

And I have to tell you that from the outside and inside, it is a thing of beauty.

On the outside, with the original shrouds installed over the jacks, it looks very cool. The board connectors with the power supply and the mainboard jumper fit as if they were made for each other. :)

The de-emphasis switch, the standoffs, the audio jacks all are in exactly the right place. Also, the way the Cardas jacks are mounted to the board itself, they feel a lot more sturdy when connecting a cable to them. The one tiny issue in assembly is the cross-resistor I put on the back, to correct for the swap I did. It needs to be right up to the board to best avoid the PS board. Also, I found that trying to raise it from the board just makes it prone to being bent as I work on the front. Best to raise the crossed resistor on the component side if you want to minimize cross talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment