Sunday, October 1, 2006

Pics, sort of!

For those of you wondering what the boards I'm making will look like, here is a 3D model created by PCB 123 Layout from Sunstone. The software is among the best that I have used in the free or try before you buy category. It turns out that Sunstone is the parent company for Express PCB, which also has a free PCB layout package. Frankly, it's easier to use, but I went with this one in order to be able to order boards with more features, like 2.5 oz. copper, silver plating, etc.

One of the biggest problems with this software is that it doesn't treat corners as an entity. And that means if you don't like how a trace is routed, you seem to have to delete the whole trace and start from scratch. Oh well, the price I pay for my hobby. Also, please note that the quality of the image is poor, which is based in part on the 3D rendering, and in part on the fact that it's a cut of a screen shot, so don't judge me by the jagged edges. :) Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment