Saturday, November 11, 2006

Beware the Lurkers!

One thing I've come to find out about you, dear readers, is that when my blog posts positive things, I get a lot of requests for more information, maybe even some custom mods. But when I post that I've just smoked a resistor, people who were previously sending me e-mails suddenly pretend they don't know me.

So from now on, it's nothing but good stories! About how wonderful the tuner sounds now that I've modded it, and how incredibly sexy the insides and outsides look, and how the mods I have made to my Conrad Johnson PV-10/Erik surpass all tube preamps, ever. All lies, of course, since the tuner isn't even working, and the PV-Erik sounds good, but not better than the good folks at CJ do on their better days, but come on, what do you want? Endless florid reviews that amazingly all say that every single piece of equipment I listen to is priced exactly what it is worth? Don't you get enough of that from the audiophile rags? Well, OK then, I can write like that too, and from now on, I will.

Psych!! Haha! This is not one of those sites I'm afraid. This blog is for the Solder Slapping Adventurer! The Geek who wields his iron like a light saber, striking fear into the hearts of tweak peddlers, gullible consumers, and sometimes our own children and spouses. We are not made of fearful stuff, for we are warriors and we undestand that the feeling of a 500V capacitor discharging through our fingers then down the left side of our rib cage to grab the pericardium so hard we can feel it's entire circumference around our hearts is to be knighted by Thor himself! Now raise your temperature controlled soldering iron into the heart of the storm above your heads, into the toxic fumes of evaporated rosin and scream your defiant battle cry:

Mod-it!

Mod-IT!!

MOD-IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment