Sunday, December 3, 2006

RTFM!

Man, if only I had Read the Freaking Manual (R.T.F.M.) a couple of weeks ago I would be listening to the Tandberg instead of griping about upgrading it's power supply.

In the schematic for the Tuning System 2, which is where P801 goes to, pin 1 is clearly an OUTPUT to the power supply. That is, the 5.2 Volts gets generated elsewhere.

I could blame Tandberg, but honestly, had I remembered correctly how a PNP transistor worked, it would have been pretty obvious to me that it was. Fortunately on page 26 there is actually an arrow showing which direction the signal here is going.

What this means is that I really am done with the Power Supply rebuild! Yeay!

With a little luck, next weekend I'll actually be listening to this tuner for the first time!

A fully re-worked power supply with Mills wirewound resistors, and Panasonic FM caps, a slew of upgraded transistors, and a brand new output board with Cardas connectors and Vishay/Dale metal film resistors, this truly is going to be a pretty good piece of gear to own for a few years more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment