Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quick Pono Review

This past week I had the chance to listen to the Pono music player at dreamforce.  I happened to have a classic iPod with me with ALAC files of a couple of songs that were in the demo units.   I also had Shure in-ear-monitors I bought a few years ago with me.

The quick review:  The music player sounds really solid, BUT... it was clear to me that we are listening to modern remasters.  Doing direct comparisons is really impossible.  That being said, I mostly really liked the remastering and the overall combination of player + new masters I was listening to with the exception of Miles Davis Kind of Blue.  Great noise and clarity but the stereo field seemed exaggerated.

Full disclaimer:  I only listened for a few minutes, and there was this model-gorgeous blonde listening to music across the table from me, so I may have been distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment